Menu
AaronM1D1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Experiencing heavy speed loss during the evenings [Area 20]

Hello all, 

I would like to report major speed loss on my connection during the evenings, following my recent 'speed boost'. I am located in Area 20, with a Superhub 2ac. On a gigabit LAN connection I've been seeing my 150Mbps connection fall as low as 3Mbps some evenings, with my ping spiking up to over 150ms from a stable 20ms during the day. I've had a look around at some of the other issues people have been having, and according to my own hub readings it looks to be fine my end:

Downstream.pngUpstream.png 

As you can see, my downstream's connected to all eight channels, and my power level looks to be well below the max. I would like to know if this is an area issue, as running the service status diagnostic seems to report an all clear for issues. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is more than a little inconveniencing! 

Kind regards,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Steve67
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Experiencing heavy speed loss during the evenings [Area 20]

Im in area 20 and like you see a big drop in speed in the evening's. Im on 200mbps and see it drop to 30mbps..as a new customer not impressed...
Why pay the extra for 200 and get 50...?
I may down grade...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your power levels are fine and your tick counters are not showing many errors, from what you describe it does look lije a contention problem. A VM Forum Team member should pick up the thread in about a week or so and will be able to confirm and give you a fault reference nuber so you can claim a discount off your bill if a contention fault is confirmed.

I would be aware that contention faults can take a long time to fix, so looking for another ISP maybe an option.

Area 20 is a billing area, which covers places as far apart as Blackburn, Manchester, Stoke, parts of south London, Southamption and Portsmouth. So it is pointless quoting billing areas due to the huge areas that are covered as whilst a few parts of area 20 can be suffering from contention issues, the majority of the area will not be.

Much better to quote the first portion of your post code.

0 Kudos
AaronM1D1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, Griffin. I will update my original post accordingly! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AaronM1D1, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F003313348 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 08/03/2017. I will pop you a PM to discuss this further.

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos