Menu
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Every night my broadband becomes 50-150 times slower.

For the past few months I've noticed that my broadband will drop from 150+mbps to 2-5, my upload speed is also affected. I've switched the superhub to router mode recently to try and fix the problem. I'm using a very good router now, the ASUS RT-N56U. However the problem still persists. 

I've tried all of the typical solutions. When I check the connection later in the evening I make sure my PC is the only device connected and nothing else is causing the problem. I think I'm being throttled, sicne it only happens at specific times. But to go from 150mbps to 2-5 is just insane.

Can someone from VM run a test on my device remotely just to see if anything is up or maybe check my account for any throttling in place?

0 Kudos
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Every night my broadband becomes 50-150 times slower.

Same again tonight.

I tested this morning and I have 160mbps, now I have 5. I double checked my router settings, open programs, connected devices, I've tried rebooting etc.

I simply believe I'm being limited to 5mbps every night and I don't understand why.

http://imgur.com/a/qNzEi

0 Kudos
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called the support number for help. After muddling through the automated system and waiting on hold for several minutes my callw as answered and then ended immediately.

One of your staff obviously can't be bothered to take calls. I understand every company has bad employees but this wasted my time and made me quite angry.

I don't have much money but I'm paying £43 per month for internet and getting 2-5mbps each and every night when it matters most and on top of that I can't even get through to support without having to jump through hoops. 

I don't want to have to go through this automated system all over again and have to wait again, is there any way for an engineer here to help me or call me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Proteus,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your speeds.

I've checked out your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004934386). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 8th February 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
liddc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please can you advise which area this is effecting as I am currently having the same issues at the OP.

0 Kudos
webw0lf359
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another one with the same issues (I'm area 20 - M46)

0 Kudos