Menu
Darrenje
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Evening speeds are shocking

Reading on the forums about people complaining about speeds should be happy with what they have.

image.png

And yes I am on the highest speed package!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Evening speeds are shocking

Hi Darrenje,

I'm so sorry that you're suffering problems with slow speeds at the moment.  I know how frustrating speed issues can be, I'll do my best to get to the bottom of things for you.

I've run some checks on the hub and network segment.  The hub itself is reporting back well at the moment, no issues with power levels or timeouts.  Looking at the network segment there does appear to be elevated demand during peak times, our engineers are currently working on the issue.  They're planning to undertake some broadband upgrade work to support the increased demand for services in your area.  Once this work has been completed you'll notice that your speeds (especially during peak times) are back to normal.  The reference for the investigation work is F003616018 and the current review date is 18th May.

I'll send you a PM with a bit more info about this investigation, including details of how to claim a loss of service credit.  We'll keep you posted on further developments as and when we have any new information.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
JayPB
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You realise that most of complaining about the speeds are in the same boat as yourself and its Virgin that appears to not give a **bleep**?

Careful though, you'll get someone come tell you to do a wired test shortly because in 2016 we still don't have good enough wifi apparently. Despite testing on both wired and wireless my end shows the identical results every time. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Parki79
Rising star
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am sure there is someone in VM who cares. Probably the cleaner or the cook in the staff canteen maybe?

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
Darrenje
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just go through the normal, hard reset blah de blah and still the same, funny though in the morning it's a steady 75 mb

0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It will be on their script to only admit it on the third phone call as I know quite a few people who have had to phone up and exactly the third time they admit to a Contention issue. The first phone call they usually promise it will be fixed in a week.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Darrenje,

I'm so sorry that you're suffering problems with slow speeds at the moment.  I know how frustrating speed issues can be, I'll do my best to get to the bottom of things for you.

I've run some checks on the hub and network segment.  The hub itself is reporting back well at the moment, no issues with power levels or timeouts.  Looking at the network segment there does appear to be elevated demand during peak times, our engineers are currently working on the issue.  They're planning to undertake some broadband upgrade work to support the increased demand for services in your area.  Once this work has been completed you'll notice that your speeds (especially during peak times) are back to normal.  The reference for the investigation work is F003616018 and the current review date is 18th May.

I'll send you a PM with a bit more info about this investigation, including details of how to claim a loss of service credit.  We'll keep you posted on further developments as and when we have any new information.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Darrenje
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kev, I have replied to your message.

I can almost set my watch to when the speed drops off each evening, must be a lot of congestion in my area during this peak period.

0 Kudos
Ericsheffield12
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Here in sheffield i can't thank virgin enough for their had work and commitment to make my speeds as slow as they possibly can. I spend hours and hours and hours every night watching the spinning buffering globe on 2 min mini clips.

For that id like to thank you and thank all your hard work in creating a service so unusable its almost comical.

I like the way you advertise the worlds fastest man as the mascot for your UK fastest internet service and i hear your planning to use DellBoys Yellow 3 wheeler for your next. The service is Shocking , its slow, its unreliable and expensive and not fit for purpose.

virgin media when it comes to sending the Ebills out

0 Kudos
TomSpeed
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ironically, those youtube videos won't play because the service is crap most evenings after 5 pm!

0 Kudos
pollardben
Just joined
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have been having ongoing problems with my Virgin Broadband for about 9 months, both slow at peak times and sometimes not working at all. They have said they are doing improvement works in the area and that it would be solved in a few months, but they have been saying the same things for quite a while now... I keep calling up to complain about the service and each time they offer a discount for that month. Unfortunately, in my area there is no other company with decent broadband speeds so for now am forced to stick with Virgin.

0 Kudos