Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (67 Views)

Evening speed drop - Bristol BS13

Evening all.

Beginning of the year dropped down to the 50mb package. During the day will get speeds that are within reason for a 50mb connection, but during the evening (after 6pm) the speed will drop and can only usaully get between 1-3mb.

Have tried all the turn on/off and reset. Phoned customer support (was in the evening so it went abroad) and they just script read that there was a fault in the area and gave a date of when it will be fixed. That date has gone and I presume from looking at other post that this date would of just be moved forward.

Am I in an over subscribed area?? Is the 50mb connection on a different line to the package I was on before?? Could there be something wrong with the modem??

speedtest.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (40 Views)

Re: Evening speed drop - Bristol BS13

Hi there Butler88,

Welcome to the community. It's nice to have you back here.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account and it appears you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004107792 and has a review date of 2nd August. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (34 Views)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply and looking into my speed problem.

A quick google search of the reference number shows that the review date has been moved a few times in the past 6 months. So I'm not to optimistic at that date.

Do you know if this problem is mainly customers on the 50/70mb connections?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (18 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for responding Butler88,

Further to your post, the fault mentioned by Sam is currently still set for review in August at the moment.

I can totally appreciate though that this type of situation can be very frustrating, particularly due to the unpredictable nature of the issue experienced.

I am sincerely sorry for any bother caused by this.

The fault does not affect specific speeds, but rather, specific cables that customer properties are connected to.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos