Menu
randomtask
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Evening speed dramatic drops - NW6 London

Hi-

For the last ~8 weeks I've had dramatic speed drops between 8pm and Midnight each day, not always at the same time. Today it started approximately 10:20pm.

My upstream bandwidth remains at 10mbit. My downstream falls from 150mbit to 2mbit, causing streaming of video etc to fail entirely. Latency remains around 12ms. I can post speedtest results if necessary.

I have trialled multiple computers including those using wifi (osx) and ethernet 1gbit (windows).

Now what really bugs me - more than the terrible evening speeds which essentially make my internet connection worthless, is that if I connect via encrypted VPN to my office in a higher port, I get ~100mbit+. Make this seem like intentional traffic shaping which I can then circumvent via VPN.

Help please, as my contract is up in a few months and I will be exiting stage left without a fix.

0 Kudos
Kisum99
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Evening speed dramatic drops - NW6 London

I'm in NW5 and having the same problem. I'm only really around in the evenings, but my Internet has become almost unusable now. I can't stream videos on netflix etc, I can't download anything, and now it seems I can't even get web pages to load. It's infuriating! Please let me know if you discover a fix!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Evening speed dramatic drops - NW6 London

Hi randomtask,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've managed to locate your account, and unfortunately I am unable to see any information from your line nor the network at the moment. In the mentioned can post your router information for me please that would be really helpful. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right or middle you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos