Menu
mcc01737
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Evening slow downs RH1

Hi,

My 50mbit drops to around 3-5mbit download every evening for the last few weeks. Upload speeds are unaffected. 

Would appreciate any help as it's currently borderline unusable with 3 people on in the evenings.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4435055100.png

Area 20

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Evening slow downs RH1

Hey Mcc01737,

Thanks for coming back to us here and posting your comments on this, we're sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with the speed in the home.

I've had a little look into this and I've tested the connection, the Hub is testing well, which is always a good sign.

Unfortunately we did notice a fault at the address and we're planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow speeds you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

We'll be carrying out some work on this as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you call our helpful customer care team on 150/0345 454 1111, they'll be happy to offer you a Loss of Service credit when quoting F003369911.

Many thanks for you patience

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mcc01737
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Ben. Any ETA on when the upgrades will be done?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mcc01737,

Thanks for getting back to me here and sorry I've not been in touch sooner.

I hope that you're having a good morning so far and I have some info on this.

The estimated fix time for this fault would be the 5th of August 2015.

Thank you for your time.

Ben.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mcc01737
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We are now way past the 5th August estimated fix date and the issue is now worse than ever.

I am now getting multiple drop outs every evening from 6pm and the transfer speed is non existence, it is actually unusable.

The real kicker is I received an email from VM yesterday telling me that they will be 'supercharging' my connection offering more speed. Personally, I would just settle for getting the speed I am paying for right now.

0 Kudos
xoxoSi
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
mcc01737
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's good to know that I am not the only one affected, so that rules out faulty equipment.

It's a shame because I have been with VM for over 15 years now and have had excellent performance in the past. Yes there were the odd drop outs but I would always get the quoted speed regardless of when I use it. I recommended alot of friends and family to VM for that reason.

All these issues started arising over the last year or so, I tried giving them time to fix the issue but it's been a year now and I am still seeing no improvement whatsoever. Frankly I am almost at wit's end and have started at looking for alternative providers.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mcc01737,

Sorry for the late response. I've checked your connection and fault F003369911 is still open with a current review date of 25/11/15. There have been numerous works carried out since your last post but unfortunately they have not done enough to alleviate the load. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mcc01737
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

This problem has still not been rectified and it has been over a year. What is going on? I cannot even get 5mbit out of my 50mbit most evening. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello mcc01737,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. I've checked your connection and I can see your Hub has been online for over 40 days without a reboot. Apart from this, I can't find an error, are you able to remove your power cable for 30 seconds and let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos