Menu
NocomplyUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Evening Speed Very Slow

This is another evening speed complaint.  Calling the helpline doesn't seem to be helping as they just reset the modem remotely and ask me to wait a few hours and it will speed up again ( surprisingly ).  

I expect some slowdown at peektime, but 200 down to less than 20 is plainly ridiculous.  

Been in the same house for years and it's only the last couple of months this has started happening.

SpeedtestSpeedtest

Broadband MonitorBroadband Monitor

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Evening Speed Very Slow

Hi NocomplyUK,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the upstream power levels are too high at + 55 dBmV and for this I would like to book an engineer to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004124588 and with a review date of 14th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi NocomplyUK,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the upstream power levels are too high at + 55 dBmV and for this I would like to book an engineer to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004124588 and with a review date of 14th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

NocomplyUK
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thought a reply to this post was merited.

Samantha_L PM'd me for more details and after checking out my connection arranged for an Engineer to come out and correct some problems, which resulted in my Superhub 2 to be replaced with a Superhub 3.

Whilst this did sort out my speed and latency issues to a certain extent, my speeds were still really bad at peak times ( evenings and really bad at weekend evenings ).

Moving forward a few weeks and it's Saturday night at 19:30 and my speed is back up to very acceptable peak time speeds, 169 down, 12 up, 10ms latency.

I know this doesn't really help anyone who is still struggling with horrible peak time speeds but I thought I'd post as it looks like Virgin really are attempting to sort out these problems and it might give people some hope Smiley Happy

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5967320441

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey NocomplyUK,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to hear that your connection has settled down now.

Thanks again for posting, let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos