Menu
Rankrotten
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Evening Slowdowns Area 28 Glasgow

On Vivid 200 Glasgow G14 area. Always able to get the full 207-208 Mbit download speed outwith late afternoon and evenings when it plummets to around 16-20 Mbit speeds, only returning to normal after midnight when most folk are in bed.

I'm assuming this is congestion and over utilisation on my broadband segment and do you have any indication of when this will be resolved?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Evening Slowdowns Area 28 Glasgow

Hi Rankrotten,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. From the timing you've described it certainly does sound like a contention issue,

I've just checked your connection and there is no fault open. The contention levels do spike in the evening but they aren't breaching thresholds to raise to networks. Everything else on the connection looks healthy.

I'll ask for this to be monitored and raised as soon as it breaches thresholds.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
MrT258
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is still going on in my opinion, Past week I haven't seen anything over 50mpbs any time of day. Sat 11th Feb at 17:18 I got 29mbs down and 12.14 upstream...

0 Kudos
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is an open ticket for network issues which no doubt will takes ages to sort.

F005039426

G
0 Kudos