Menu
Palazzo
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Epsom - Slow speeds at peak times

Hi all,

My download speeds drops between around 5PM and 10PM to 10-20 Mbps, whereas outside of these times I get 80-180 Mbps. I'm on Vivid200.

speeds.png

The fact that I can get high speeds suggests my SH2 in Modem mode is performing well (I did check power levels as described in the guide in this section and they also looked fine, though happy to post if necessary).

It's been behaving like this for a week or two now.

Are there any peak time performance issues in my area?

0 Kudos
choddurham
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Epsom - Slow speeds at peak times

I regularly get less than 1mb/s after 6pm. I have had the problem for 5 months.  Over utilization issue.  Virgin continue to lie and just push the fix date back.  They are still advertising for new customers even though their service is appalling bad.  If it is not fixed next week I will be leaving as Virgin have broken the contract by not providing the service.

0 Kudos
Palazzo
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Superhub stats today - speed seems to be deteriorating, just under 10Mbps downloads now:

Down.jpgUp.jpgUpburst.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Palazzo,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this is frustrating. I've taken a look and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area which is responsible for reducing speeds during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F003925748 and it's due for review on the 22nd March. I know this is an inconvenience, please accept my apologies and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:

Hey there Palazzo,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this is frustrating. I've taken a look and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area which is responsible for reducing speeds during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F003925748 and it's due for review on the 22nd March. I know this is an inconvenience, please accept my apologies and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

I too live in Epsom experiencing the same speed drops in the evening and the use of the word 'fault' is somewhat misleading in this context.  It is over-utilisation plain and simple and created by VM.    VM have continued selling connections without the infrastructure to support them.  It is an appalling state of affairs.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Palazzo
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well, at least it looks like I'm being throttled down to 40Mb/s now - presumably to provide some consistency for all users in my area:

speeds2.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Palazzo,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies you are still having an issue with the broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault and out engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 3rd May.

To discuss this further, I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Palazzo
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Today (6th December) is the latest review date for the case raised for this - F005155755.

Are there any updates?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Palazzo, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

I've just checked the fault and it appears to be closed as resolved. How are you finding your connection now?

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos