Menu
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Enough is Enough

OK, Virgin Media cannot provide a service that I pay for.

Just started to stream a film on my Amazon prime account (being a cold and wet Sunday afternoon it seemed a great idea) and before I started the stream it was 39 mbps. Within 10 minutes, it's down to 1.4 mbps.

Over subscribed area or not, Virgin are robbing me blind and I guess it's time to make a stand.

Now, the issue I have is that bt infinity isn't avaliable hence why Virgin have no competition. So, can anyone recommend any service?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Enough is Enough

If you dont have openreach fibre in the area your only option is VM.

All the other providers use the openreach network, VM use DOCSIS.

As you don't really have a choice to go it explains why your network is suffering as all your neighbours would be feeling the same ISP wise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wayneuk0709 wrote:
OK, Virgin Media cannot provide a service that I pay for.

Just started to stream a film on my Amazon prime account (being a cold and wet Sunday afternoon it seemed a great idea) and before I started the stream it was 39 mbps. Within 10 minutes, it's down to 1.4 mbps.

Over subscribed area or not, Virgin are robbing me blind and I guess it's time to make a stand.

Now, the issue I have is that bt infinity isn't avaliable hence why Virgin have no competition. So, can anyone recommend any service?

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It seems I have two choices:

Stuck with Virgin or have no Internet.

What I want to know is, what's happened in the Dudley area since January 2016? Before then I had years of great Internet.
0 Kudos