Menu
Kieran385
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer told me that FTTP is coming to my area?

Hello,

I was round a relatives house when an engineer was round to lower the downstream power levels, however, since I had some experience about networking, I was then talking to him about broadband, and I told him that VM is not available at all in my new area, but after telling him my area, he said someone from cablemystreet lives in Featherstone, Staffordshire (my area) and because of that, Featherstone will be given FTTP. Can any staff member confirm this? or anyone if they have saw any article confirming it? Just in case it helps, I live in the WV10 area.

Here`s hoping I can get FTTP at least sometime! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer told me that FTTP is coming to my area?

Hi Kieran385,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to see a new face on board and getting involved in the Community.  

We don't have any information to offer regarding plans for your area however it's always my advice to ensure you are registered via Cable my street By doing this, you will receive updates on if we will be installing at your address. 

Getting any neighbours who may also be interested to register on the same site is an awesome idea as this will give you more of a chance of getting installed with our Project Lightning Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Kieran385
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also, there are multiple roadworks from Virgin Media displayed on Road Works.org stating that Virgin Media will be laying duct and building new chambers? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kieran385,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to see a new face on board and getting involved in the Community.  

We don't have any information to offer regarding plans for your area however it's always my advice to ensure you are registered via Cable my street By doing this, you will receive updates on if we will be installing at your address. 

Getting any neighbours who may also be interested to register on the same site is an awesome idea as this will give you more of a chance of getting installed with our Project Lightning Smiley Happy

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

JayVM
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kieran,

As you probably already know work has been on going in Featherstone for a couple of months, the last of the project is almost coming to an end with our first customer being installed Friday 2nd of December.

This is a great opportunity to experience our new network architecture which is the way forward!

We have had a tremendous amount of support from the residents of Featherstone and many have signed up, although this post is months old, I'm hoping your making that change from your old provider.

Good luck,

Jay.
0 Kudos