Menu
mexicola
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email received offering 'speed upgrade'.

Received an email yesterday offering 'a speed upgrade', from my current 50Mbps to up to 70Mbps.

Nowhere does it mention if this upgrade offer is free or not, in either the email or the included web page link. Can anyone help clarify before i commit by pressing the accept button?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email received offering 'speed upgrade'.

Free. 70Mbps is a non-standard offering for existing 50 Mbps subscribers as areas get upgraded to handle faster speeds. You'll see this treated as a revised order for BB but without additional charge. Actually I waited a while and they upgraded me automatically without having to go through any processes. If you don't need the extra speed (I didn't) you could safely ignore and wait for VM to do it automatically.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Free. 70Mbps is a non-standard offering for existing 50 Mbps subscribers as areas get upgraded to handle faster speeds. You'll see this treated as a revised order for BB but without additional charge. Actually I waited a while and they upgraded me automatically without having to go through any processes. If you don't need the extra speed (I didn't) you could safely ignore and wait for VM to do it automatically.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
mexicola
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the speedy reply. Happy with current speed so I'll ignore and see what happens.

0 Kudos
CeeJay42
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was getting consistent performance at or closer to 30Mb before I was "Speed Boosted". Now I get 1-3Mbps and if I am lucky it might go higher (5 or so) off-speak. Unusably slow during peak periods though and not really much better at other times

just something to watch out for

0 Kudos