Menu
ineedbr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Drops at peak times

bardon080117.jpgbardon090117.jpgbardon100117.jpgbardon110117.jpgOk we have been having some issue for some time with our SuperHub3 in modem mode.

Our router is 100% solid and no issue as worked fine with FTTC. And has ben swapped out just incase.

Anyway the issue is that we were loosing the Ethernet (flapping) every 35 mins, so got the techs to push 9.1.116v and that stopped the flapping.

The main issue now! At peak times the Superhub3 drops the Ethernet then re-sysnc this only happensat peak times, 7am to 9am then solid ( yes still in use and traffic flowing) then drops again around midday then fine in the afternoon until 17:00ish to 19:00 then drops random times. 

We ahve been monitoring this with thinkbroadband BQM over a week and clealy see the drops each day.

As i say this modem is in constant use 24 hours a day on a customers site.

Need some answer VM , but after 54 mins on the phone with India and passed around 5 techs and then cut off, I'm looking dumping VM and putting the FTTC backin.

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drops at peak times

Hi Adrian

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear of the intermittent connection that's being experienced. Thanks for posting up the BQM graphs for us to have a look at, they don't look too healthy I agree. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional info so we can get this looked into.

Speak soon

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian,

Hope you don't mind me picking this up as Ty isn't in today. I have thoroughly tested your connection. I was hoping to find a fault or issue for the date/time of the packet loss depicted in your BQM graphs but I've made no headway with that.

What I would like to know is if your disconnections coincide with the BQM packet drops? If they do then would you please perform a traceroute(to bbc.co.uk will do nicely) and post the output on here? Run a ping test* too and I'll take a look to see if that data helps us reach an understanding of what's happening.

Please ensure you do this whilst connected to the Hub via Ethernet, not wireless.

I should add that I'm not averse to flagging this to Networks if needed but I shall need to check quite a few things first.

Thanks,

* note that these links are to a non-VM endorsed external site.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ineedbr
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The drops do match the BQM.

Its hard to run a trace route as i'm not at the site, this connection is on a remote site i manage, the connection to the VM is ethenet and not wireless

What i can tell you is that the logs in my microtik router log show that the Ethernet drops and then reconnects, also all vpn's back to my office drop and reconnect and if i ping the ip from my office we get no response, when i last visited the site i logged in to the VM modem and i could see that the modem had rebooted, what would be useful is you can check your logs to see if the modem resyncs at the time of the drops.

I can visit the site on monday morning and check the logs, but trying to catch the drop is going to be hard, Im only using BQM to grab useful graphs for VM to look at. We monitor the connection from our data centre and sent email warnings when the service is off and back online.

The drops are short around 60 secs about the time the modem takes to reboot.

As i speak i have just seen another drop and today we had drops at 8.27, 9.06 and 12.23

I really could do with be able to speak to someone on the phone when im at site, someone that is network technical and not just reading from a list of tests to try.

I'm giving this one more week and if its not fixed we are dropping the connection and putting a open reach connection back in.

Adrian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adrian,

Ah sorry, I wasn't aware of the circumstances regarding accessibility. 
In that case I suggest we arrange for an engineer visit. If I do end up escalating this to networks they'll want to know that this has been done anyway. But the engineer may find a more localised fault that I'm not able to detect from here, so please please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment in. 
But do please keep me updated on what happens. If the engineer is unable to find any fault I shall run some further diagnostics via the CMTS to which your Hub connects with a view to flagging this to Networks.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos