Menu
Parki79
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Drop Outs

Hi,

Today I had the good news that my ongoing Contention issues have been sorted. Nice to see good solid speeds at peak times and I am really pleased with the difference. 

I have now been having another issue.  It is quite intermittent, but seems to be continueing.  

If I am streaming, which I do on various devices, Netflix on Laptop (wifi), Now tv on a now Tv box plugged into router directly. About every 40 minutes the router seems to restart itself. I check my phone too and that loses connection also. This has happened for about a week. I phoned your call centre today and she moved channels and such but it didnt resolve the issue.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on this one as its a bit frustrating even though everything kicks back in after a minute or two.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drop Outs

I have an issue sometimes where the 5g will drop on some devices, i just swap to 2g and back to 5g straight away and it works.

Don't know if thats whats happening with you, it is a bit annoying when it happens but meh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Parki79
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It happens on Wired Devices too. Wonder if its the router itself that could be faulty.  

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parki79,

Thanks for posting!

Glad to hear the network issue has cleared up!

If the equipment is rebooting itself it's likely a hardware issue. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos