Menu
JonnyWil77
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Drop In Speed

I have always checked the speed of my connection across two or three devices both Wifi (5ghz) and LAN. I joined in June 2014 with the 100mb fibre package and to be honest my connection speed has always averaged between 75 to 98mbps download and 6 to 8mbps upload. The last time I saw any speeds like this was August 2016. Tests taken over different times of the day and by different methods as mentioned, I get between a range of 9mbps to a high of 30mbps download. I have done regular tests just to build up a clear picture, some shocking speeds have come up as low as 2mbps download for around a 2 day period!!!!

The insulting thing now is my monthly package price has gone up, a loyalty deal I was receiving of £5 per month has ended but they are upgrading my line speed to 150mbps for free!!!! LOL

Ill be interested to see If Virgin respond to my post or contact me. Will leave it short while and if not then will probably just leave as that is the only option any one has when not happy with a service. I will of course be happy to share the months of speed results etc for everyone to see and share, share, share!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drop In Speed

You've got between a 1-2week wait from your last reply on this thread (aka don't bump the thread) to get reply from the forums team. That is just how it works.

For quicker responses you can call the script readers on 150.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Drop In Speed

Hey JonnyWil77,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing. I've taken a look at your connection and I've noticed that all of your downstream power levels are out of range.

Let's arrange for an engineer to call around to take care of this.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with appointment info.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos