Menu
Will-B
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dreadfully slow in the evenings!

Like many of the other posts I've read, we have been having problems for weeks with slow internet in the evenings.  Speed tests drop from 70Mb during the day to 2.5-3Mb in the evening.  This is regular, even more so on Friday and Saturday evenings.  This is shockingly poor.  I appreciate there may be spikes, but to regularly drop to such a low level means we are not getting what we are paying for - we are getting about 1/20th!  What is going on please?  And how can I get this resolved without having to waste 30+ minutes in a phone queue?

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dreadfully slow in the evenings!

Presuming that you are suffering from the dreaded Over Utilisation, there are only two ways to fix it.

1: Wait for gawd knows how long for VM to get their fingers out and do something about it.

2: Leave, and find another internet provider. 

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
bakedznake
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

totally agree with pete, better off switching tbh. I've been having these poor speeds for 2 years now, and had enough and now switching ISPs. Don't wait and fingers crossed it'll get fixed, cos it wouldn't, but they are more than happy to take your money every month. Also good luck with contacting them by phone or online.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Will-B,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located you account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F005031513). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 28th June.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos