Menu
Nightfire
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dreadful Speed During Peak Times - Area 30

Hi,

For the last month or so during peak times my download speed appears to tank to anything between 2-10mb. As other have posted here I feel this needs to be looked into an addressed as after midnight the speed returns to normal levels.

If any throttling has taken place on my account during this time I would also be interested to know

I am currently paying for 200mb however it appears that what I am actually get home from work I am paying a premium for a service I am not being provided. Could this be looked into and a response be made as if this continues I will be dropping my speed to the lowest until this resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DEXTER5
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dreadful Speed During Peak Times - Area 30

Sorry but this won't get resolved, your internet problems won't get any better. We have had the same problem ongoing for over ten month, dropping from 200mbps to 275kbps. We'd get a better connection with two tin cans and a piece of string. Try to find out which internet service providers are used less in your area and go with them, this should hopefully stop your internet from getting throttled. Our problems started when next door had virgin broadband put in. Then our broadband went from reliable to a joke, which was strange because it almost seemed like the drop in our internet was being used to supply next door with broadband and when asked they haven't had any problems or loss of broadband speeds. It feels like virgin are trying to get as many new customers to signed up while not giving a damn about there existing customers or there problems. They will probably even say to you that is is down to high utilization in your area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nightfire,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the speed issues you're experiencing, I know how irritating this can be. Checking your connection, I've noticed a fault in your area that can be responsible for reducing speeds, especially during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F005018416 and it's due for review on the 16th April. Would you please bump this post on or after the review date, for more info.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nightfire
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi Heather

Thank you for taking the time to reply and acknowledge the fault. I will seek an update closer to the review date
0 Kudos