Menu
Flempy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Download speed

when the door to door Virgin Sales guy came knocking on my door to sign me up for a everything, I was offered 200mbs download speed, but once it got installed I realised it is only 100mbs... How do I go about changing this? I'm not complaining at all. I was with Sky and they're just terribly slow and laggy so really impressed with Virgin at the moment I just wanna know why it's only 100mbs instead of 200mbs

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed

Hiya Flempy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that the broadband speeds were different after installation from what was mentioned.

I can see from your account, that you have called through to us to get this resolved, which is great.

If you are experiencing any further issues, by all means let me know and I will check this for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Flempy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How long does it normally take until a response is implemented? I rang up the other day and they said it would be sorted but unfortunately it's still not up to 200mbs it's still sayin around 30-50mbs
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flempy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Your line and the router are sync'd at the correct speeds. The change is implemented straight away. You should be able to see this within the router page and on your My Virgin Media.

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please?

Does the PC/laptop have a gigabit LAN card and are you using a Cat 5e or above Ethernet cable?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos