Menu
Ihands75
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Download speed ridiculously slow

I have had ridiculously slow download speeds for weeks now. Phoned VM, and get a different excuse each time.... first reason was because it was Christmas day!, now they are saying they're trying to upgrade everyone to 100mbs.... I am on 50mbs package and just tested it again to find i am getting 0.81 mbs.... yes 0.81!!! Tried a new tact and got wife to phone and they tell her that the cables can't cope with the demand anymore and it could take until April to rectify!!!!..... Think i may be leaving soon!
0 Kudos
henda140988
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed ridiculously slow

To be honest if the cables can't cope then they shouldn't be taking on more customers for broadband.

georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed ridiculously slow

I've had it from the horses mouth. "Oversubscription" from one of the staff on the phone then from the technician theat came & couldn't rectify the issues I had. & actually terminated the connection alltogether! The "haven't got a clue" mentality is an act. They all read from a script & I seriously doubt that anything will be done by the end of April. Check my thread for what I intend to do.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Given-the-runaround-after-withholding-payment/td-p/3310118

I am following this procedure & hope others do too. VM have completely disregarded quality of service for profit/greed. I for one have had enough after being with them for about 3 years. We should now hit them where it hurts.

0 Kudos