Menu
rocky1488
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Download speed less than 1MPS in Area 20 Hampshire during peak evening hours 21/12/16

Every night if I get more than 4MPS I feel lucky. If I want to watch a movie at 06:00 that's OK, I can get 89MPS, but I don't want to watch Netflix at 06:00. Having to use my 4G phone to use the internet in the evening, every day. Anyone know if BT Infinity is better?

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed less than 1MPS in Area 20 Hampshire during peak evening hours 21/12/16

BT have better streaming qualities than VM, but as most ISP's, depending where you are, can suffer congestion of the network, BT don't oversubscribe like VM so you have less chance of utilisation.

(This is my own personal experience and my own opinion)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
rocky1488
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed less than 1MPS in Area 20 Hampshire during peak evening hours 21/12/16

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rocky1488, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have had trouble with your speeds.

I have tried to take a look at your connection but have been unable to locate your connection details. I will pop you a PM so we can get some more information together and we'll take it from there. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos