Menu
gjhorton
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Download speed 1/100th and phone not working

I pay for 200Mbps service. Have only been getting between 2-20Mbps since 24th December. Usually around 2/3Mbps most times. 100th of the speed I pay for! I've called twice today and they said there is a known problem in my area and will be fixed in a few hours. This so-called problem isn't shown on the website service status though. Normal customers wouldn't notice a difference but those that pay for and need the higher speeds notice the throttling. It seems deliberate as my upload speeds are perfect. I've done all the usual tests, had only one computer wired when doing the tests. I run the tests daily because I had problems before from Virgins end. I usually run the test each day with 1 or 2 wired devices and 4/5 wireless devices and still I will be getting 200+Mbps on a Speedtest from a wired source. Wifi less depending on number of devices currently using the connection of course.

Now, my phone line has stopped working as well. No dial tone. Happened once before, when service was first installed. Tried to call. Had to use mobile. Held on for 5 minutes and then said lines were closed. Website said 8am-midnight seven days a week. I called at 10:50! Tried to organise engineer appointment online but they said to call instead. So enfuriating. Spent all Christmas Day running speed tests, turning on and off equipment.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed 1/100th & phone not working

Hello gjhorton,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you've been experiencing problems with your services.

I have located your account and I can see a technician has been booked so please let us know how you get on or if you require any further help after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos