Menu
sheldonfish
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Download&Upload speed super slow after auto-upgraded to 150Mbps!!!

I have been using Virgin Wireless Optical Fibre for years. It was started as 50 Mbps, the download and upload speed was pretty stable and fast.

Then it was auto-upgraded to 100Mbps, and later 200Mbps with a price up. However the speed has been dropped down dramatically since it was upgraded to VIVID 150 Optical Fibre. The average download speed is actually around 1Mbps most of the time and the average upload speed is below 0.5 Mbps..!!

I have tried to reset the router a few times, the speed didn't really improve. and I asked the online chat supporter. The only advice they gave is the reboot the router!!! I keep thinking my speed was limited on the virgin server side, but they said everything is fine.

Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
sheldonfish
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download&Upload speed super slow after auto-upgraded to 150Mbps!!!

My Area Ref is 28 

0 Kudos
sheldonfish
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The craziest advice from the staff at online chat is that: " it's best to reboot the device everyday!!!!!! " 

Seriously?!!!!

0 Kudos
jiggy
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Seriously they are rubbish, I put up with it for 2 years of promises and engineer visits, I'm sorry to say but it won't change, if you look back on some of these posts they are 3-4 years old and still the same problems are here, if you can get out of your contract I would do it, I got a great deal with sky for 12 months, the wifi isn't as fast but it's the same speed all the time and it's constant, VM will keep stringing you along with promises etc and don't forget to ask for your loss of service discount, they don't tell many people about that, they have gone seriously downhill and unless things change I don't ever see me going back, good luck

0 Kudos
sheldonfish
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Loss of service discount? How do I claim that? Thanks
0 Kudos
sheldonfish
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After calling their service numbers a few times... nothing has been improved !!! still the same problem!! All they said is they are checking for it, it will be sorted... But HOW long!!! forevre??!! ridiculous !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon sheldonfish,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection. the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ?

When using speedtest.net, select the default server and post a link/screenshot of the results if you can.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos