Menu
thenettlefolds
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dont buy Virgin Internet in LAWLEY VILLAGE Telford

If you are considering signing up for Virgin Media internet in the Lawley area of Telford..... Don't!!!

I signed up a couple of months ago but was not told when doing so that there is a massive utilisation problem in the area, meaning if you try and go on the internet during peak times, don't expect to be getting a speed anything close to what you signed up for.

For example I am on a 50Mb package. During peak hours 18:00 - 22:00 I can think again about getting any download speed above 2 - 5Mbps. It really does go down to 10% or less of what you are paying for. Had I been told this at the time I certainly would not have been signing myself up for the next 12 months, but of course they don't tell you this when you sign the contract!!

So, when you phone up tech support, sure enough they are keen enough then to spill the beans about there being the utilisation problem in the area and that theres nothing they can do about it. They can however offer you a measly £5 credit of your bill for the reduced service. Not quite equal to the 90% reduction in service you receive via the internet.

Dates to get this rectified keep getting pushed further and further away. First I was told it would be mid Nov 16 for a fix, when this time came and went I was then told it will now be mid to late March 17.

To cancel your contract is £240 so for now I'm feeling I've been trapped into a contract that as far as I'm concerned is breaching the contract as VM are unable to provide the service they promised.

The fix for this is they basically need to pull in more fibre cables to the area to take up the weight of the demand on the infrastructure they have in the area. Will this happen in March 17, highly doubt it, waiting for the date to get pushed back again.

Roll on the end of my contract so I can switch back to Sky Fibre Max!!

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dont buy Virgin Internet in LAWLEY VILLAGE Telford

No point in singling out Telford, it's happening all over VM's network.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thenettlefolds wrote:

If you are considering signing up for Virgin Media internet in the Lawley area of Telford..... Don't!!!

I signed up a couple of months ago but was not told when doing so that there is a massive utilisation problem in the area, meaning if you try and go on the internet during peak times, don't expect to be getting a speed anything close to what you signed up for.

For example I am on a 50Mb package. During peak hours 18:00 - 22:00 I can think again about getting any download speed above 2 - 5Mbps. It really does go down to 10% or less of what you are paying for. Had I been told this at the time I certainly would not have been signing myself up for the next 12 months, but of course they don't tell you this when you sign the contract!!

So, when you phone up tech support, sure enough they are keen enough then to spill the beans about there being the utilisation problem in the area and that theres nothing they can do about it. They can however offer you a measly £5 credit of your bill for the reduced service. Not quite equal to the 90% reduction in service you receive via the internet.

Dates to get this rectified keep getting pushed further and further away. First I was told it would be mid Nov 16 for a fix, when this time came and went I was then told it will now be mid to late March 17.

To cancel your contract is £240 so for now I'm feeling I've been trapped into a contract that as far as I'm concerned is breaching the contract as VM are unable to provide the service they promised.

The fix for this is they basically need to pull in more fibre cables to the area to take up the weight of the demand on the infrastructure they have in the area. Will this happen in March 17, highly doubt it, waiting for the date to get pushed back again.

Roll on the end of my contract so I can switch back to Sky Fibre Max!!

In Telford as well, but its been bad for over 3 years, even worse now, BTW, you can pull out of the contract without any penalty because of the utilisation problem, if they say no, then tell them you will contact CISAS.

How to complain to CISAS

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
thenettlefolds
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Victory at last.

Virgin Media is a lost cause in this area.

I am out of my contract without paying anything towards the cancellation fee. VM are unable to provide the service so I can walk away after 3 months into my contract.

Signed straight up to Sky Fibre Max. I know the fibre is ok in the area so can look forward to speeds fast than 1Mbps at peaks times again now and back to the 21st century of telecoms.

Adios VM, maybe see you in 10 years or more when you've invested in your network nation wide and it can sustain the traffic demand. At the moment it is groaning under the strain and isnt really fit for purpose. Stop flogging 200Mb connections you cant support and start buying some more kit to beef up your infrastructure.