Menu
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Does my BQM look stable to you? Area 20

I first reported this problem to Virgin Media India last night and they had no knowledge of any faults in my area and no one else was reporting a problem nationwide.

This morning (12 hours later) and the same problem is occurring. I phoned Virgin Media India again this morning, went through all the troubleshooting but to no avail.

I asked the advisor to run a PING from her end, but apparently her software only allows her to perform remote tasks on my hub, not basic troubleshooting. Useless.

My BQM suggests there is a problem, a problem that VM cannot seem to find!

They are now sending me a new hub despite them telling me there is no problem and I have to wait till Saturday to receive it.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/ed0b6466158f0111f60c352a46c94f0f.html

Surely it's not just me experiencing these issues?! I'm on the Homeworks 300 service but my actual speeds are no where near that; 56K would be faster!

Helpful Answers
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Does my BQM look stable to you? Area 20

For the past hour the high pings and packet loss have been non existent which suggests the problem has been resolved.
0 Kudos

All Replies
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm no Techie, but your BQM looks kyboshed to me. Flippin' 'eck!

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but this problem only began occurring last night. Then again, I have only started this BQM from last night but I have been able to use the broadband every night prior with no disconnections for things like VPN and Xbox. I can't even log on to Xbox Live let alone login to my VM account without it telling me "the server stopped responding".

What's more disturbing is to read this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/virgin-media-blackout-customers-warned-9489868

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4052598/Virgin-Media-internet-blackouts-hit-UK-Custom...

http://www.techradar.com/news/virgin-media-broadband-customers-will-face-connection-issues-until-jan...

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's probably the worst BQM that I've seen on here.

I don't know if it will be the fault mentioned in the press that is affecting you. Apparently it's Twickenham that's got the problem.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just for clarification, there is no widespread outage or blackout.

The original article relates to an issue affecting some customers in Twickenham.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK, so what could be causing my BQM to look like that?

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You'll have to wait for someone wiser than me to answer that. I know that this'll sound silly but, have you checked that the cable going into your router is screwed in properly at both ends? It's almost looks like you've got a loose wire. 

0 Kudos
davidenco
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Aye I went through all that with the Indian rep this morning. Even did a router reset to factory defaults, but she couldn't ping my router because she, who works for the ISP, didn't have that facility. That just made me laugh.

She wanted me to put it into modem mode but I said what is the point when that will prevent me from doing any further diagnostics that require Internet access and she does not have the facility to ping.
0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh well, that's me out of ideas (I'm a Brickie. Smiley Happy ). Virgin staff are currently taking 1-2 weeks (From your last post. Bumping puts you to the back of the queue.) to reply to tech' stuff on here. With luck, someone else with a bit of knowhow will get back to you before then. Good luck!

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's not overutilisation for sure, I'm gonna say it's either a very bad snr issue or somethings broken somewhere externally.

Also the India call centre staff are useless anyway, trying to blame my nighthawk r7000 when I had bad speed even though it's far superior to the hub 3 In every aspect. Scripts are all they read.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos