Menu
freeworld
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Disgusting vivid gamer / packet loss, high ping and jitter

Hello,

We have been experiencing persistent issues with our internet connection @ our household for months now,  high pings jumping from around 40ms to 350+ on occasion, during evening hours 8-12PM There have also been indications of packet loss when playing online or simply pinging bbc.co.uk downloading speeds of 5MB on regular basis ,

We had 4 technicians in the last 4 weeks without any success!

What do we do now ?,Your appalling services are causing a significant anger friction etc between one happy family trust us when we say that I feel that you as a company should be counted accountable for gaming controllers being broken due to the appalling quality of broadband same applies to the kids PC not being able to do their home work or finish researching due to the lack of stable internet let alone if we try to bring social aspects of are lives in to it  we cant stream anything without buffering at high quality and that is just one of us at the time if all try go online at the same time ...!?!

thank you VM costumer for 14 years

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting vivid gamer / packet loss, high ping & jitter

if there is alot of customers online at the same time speed does go down its peek hours and vm is sorting this they have to go though nomal channels with local Council's and this planing will take time becuse it does not take top of the list this is incl replacing wires hub servers and eveything is getting replaced to handle the peek times thats between 4pm and midnight and vm staff does reply back within week or 2 weeks on here they will say the same thing i just posted

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

DavidJWalker wrote:
if there is alot of customers online at the same time speed does go down its peek hours and vm is sorting this they have to go though nomal channels with local Council's and this planing will take time becuse it does not take top of the list this is incl replacing wires hub servers and eveything is getting replaced to handle the peek times thats between 4pm and midnight and vm staff does reply back within week or 2 weeks on here they will say the same thing i just posted

Rubbish, it does not take over two years (my case) for councils to give the go ahead, its share holders that slow the process down, just like any company with leeches at the helm, and greedy uncontrolled sales over selling in a huge amount of areas, and your not in one.......yet!

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bartman007 wrote:

DavidJWalker wrote:

Rubbish, it does not take over two years (my case) for councils to give the go ahead, its share holders that slow the process down, just like any company with leeches at the helm, and greedy uncontrolled sales over selling in a huge amount of areas, and your not in one.......yet!

Regards

CORRECT!!  also, it's the US 'multinational' 'owners' that are sucking the profit out of VM, and giving NOTHING in return (except 3 price rises a year)

Persistantly, and deliberately selling to people what they KNOW they are unable to deliver...Sales people deliberately LIE to customers to get them to sign for VM, then, DON'T care when the TRUTH comes out..

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

Here is the TRUTH, VM, not your  'award winning' spiel you insist on pushing....

In 2 years I have had just 3 MONTHS when I get what I pay for...that's a paltry 12.5% of the time!!! ...VM just DON'T care, 'another review in 6 months' is all I get, again, and again...

With the Yanks leeching out every last penny from VM, things will NOT get better...VM is a poor company, being made even worse by the 'owners' greed..

DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i did not say two years you two idiots

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

DavidJWalker wrote:
i did not say two years you two idiots

What?, I can read your post maybe you can show the same courtesy and read ours, and insulting people make you look rather childish, especially when you can not read!

Reiterate my reply:

"Rubbish, it does not take over two years (my case)" notice the brakets (), and it was refering to my experiance with VM, there was no mention of you saying two years. You need to get a job with VM!

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just going to leave this here - a quote from the Forum Guidelines

The Dos

• Be respectful and courteous of others. Respect the fact that everyone has different opinions and debates should be healthy and never offensive.

If we can get back on track it would be much appreciated

Thank you 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules