Menu
Jon57
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disconnected at peak times

As if slow connections aren't bad enough, VM have now started actually disconnecting me at peak times.  It runs OK during the day, but come about 7pm and I'll find myself suddenly cut off with no internet connection at all.  The router is still there, but there's no internet connection.  Restarting it might get a connection for 10 minutes or so, but then it will be off again.

I've tried calling their support (don't laugh, you have to make the attempt), but all they do is a remote reset so it start up again, and then make out it's fine and I'm wasting their time.  Then I'm put on hold and never picked up again.  After 10 minute the connection is switched off again.

Anyone any ideas what I can do about this?  I've not had a properly stable connection since December, and it's getting a little discouraging that I'm apparently expected to continue paying for a fractional service until September.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disconnected at peak times

Do the lights on the front of the Hub change? 

" If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards "

Credit to Bartman007.

0 Kudos
Jon57
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes there will be green lights, sometimes not. It's possible I have more than one problem I suppose.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon57, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with being disconnected at peak times, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too high and will require an engineers attention. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jon57,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I'm glad to hear that you have called through to us to arrange an engineer appointment to take a look at this for you, that's great.

Hopefully you will notice an improvement after the visit. Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos