Menu
Conchiyellon
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Disappointing Broadband speed and slow TiVo box

When I joined virgin media I was told that I would get speeds up to 200 MB. At first I only got 30 to 40. Now it has improved to 50 or 60. I am supposed to be in a very good area for connection and feel very disappointed. Is this acceptable or should I complain? I am not sure if this is affecting the speed of my TiVo box but that is also incredibly slow and often freezes.
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointing Broadband speed and slow TiVo box

Does your broadband speed vary depending on the time of day, or is it slow all the time? Are you using wired or wireless?

The TiVo box is very old now and is slow for everyone, it's hardly fit for purpose. VM have a new TV box coming out soon. 

0 Kudos
Conchiyellon
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message. The speed varies during the day. At best it reaches 60mb at worst 30mb, far from the 200mb that enticed me and that according to where I live should come near to.

conchi

0 Kudos
Conchiyellon
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I only joined Virgin in July and my box should perform much better. I am so disappointed to have joined Virgin and cannot wait to leave.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Conchiyellon,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your services at the moment, I'm going to do my best to help out.

I've checked your connection from our end and right now nothing stands out as a cause for concern. I'd like to ask a few questions, are you testing your speeds on a wireless or a hard-wired connection? If you've previously tested the wireless, would you please test again with an Ethernet cable connected, if you don't have a cable let me know and I'll get one out to you.

Are you experiencing slow speeds on multiple devices, or just the one?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Makk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Having same problems slow broadband randomly disconnects and TiVo is slow been with virgin over ten years time to change I think

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Makk,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I've picked up an issue with your TiVo® hard drive and the upstream power levels feeding your TV and broadband services.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to sort it out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Niceakins
Just joined
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain, I've had this problem for months. Virgin are going to send me a new wifi hub and gave told me that they are aware of the problems with the TiVo box but don't know when they will be fixed. Seriously fed up - I'm sure the other providers may not be much better but at the moment this is really the next step....at least I'll save £20 a month as I'm paying top dollar for a sub-standard service from Virgin.

Conchiyellon wrote:
When I joined virgin media I was told that I would get speeds up to 200 MB. At first I only got 30 to 40. Now it has improved to 50 or 60. I am supposed to be in a very good area for connection and feel very disappointed. Is this acceptable or should I complain? I am not sure if this is affecting the speed of my TiVo box but that is also incredibly slow and often freezes.

0 Kudos