Menu
Alainawads
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dire internet speeds

Help!

The Virgin in my area is being upgraded from 100-150 but my speeds seem to have slumped terribly with my speeds this evening being only 5.88mb! This morning it was 90mb so it's not all the time but I've not had this problem before.  What can I do to get the speeds back up?

0 Kudos
Alainawads
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dire internet speeds

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the high utilisation club, a member of the forum team will apologise in 7 days or so and supply you with a fault code you cannot look up and a review date that means nothing as its not a repair date.

In the meantime feel free to troll the forums on your superfast broadband as its about the only page that loads in peek time and call India on 150 with the fault code the forum team provide to get a MASSIVE £3 diminished service refund for the month.

If you are not willing to put up with the lies and quite possibly YEARS of rubbish internet there are other providers available (once you start having issues you forever will!!!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alainawads

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are suffering slow speeds at peak times and notice that you have subsequently called in. We are aware of a problem F004034219 and would like to carry out some work in the area to help, the review date is currently showing 29 MAR 2017, please accept our apologies.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As an extra addon. You are hitting the 10/100 limitation of 90Mbs offpeak. This shows your equipment is not able to go higher as it's not full gigabit.

Even if the utilization is eventually fixed, 90Mbs is the highest you will go without finding what part of your equipment is holding you back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos