Menu
clud17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Diabolical speeds in area 14

For what it is worth i have been directed here by someone from the Virgin Media facebook page to get more information about a service i am not getting. Looking around it seems i am not alone.

I should be getting close to 50mbps. I have had 1-3 mbps speeds since the end of November. I was initially told it would be fixed by 27th January. This has since passed.

Tonight i rang up the call centre and was told it may or may not be fixed by April!

That means i could be suffering this issue for 5 months or over. So far i have been given one £5 reduction and will get another next month. I have been told i have to ring each month to get this reduction.

I'm looking for reasons to stay with Virgin Media but im starting to find i don't have many.

The fault reference is F003597249

0 Kudos
4aron
Tuning in
Message 2 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Diabolical speeds in area 14

i've been having the same issue (area 14) since befor christmas, on 100mb but get 20-50mb, not that slow but i can tell the differnce.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi clud17

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to read that you have been experiencing slow broadband speeds for this length of time. I know how frustrating this can be.

When I checked your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that you mentioned. The reference number is F003597249 and with a review date of 6th April. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The review dates unfortunately can change due to the work that is needed to improve the bandwidth. The upgrade work itself can involve: implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc which requires planning permission. 

For further updates, by all means post back here nearer the date and we'll gladly check this for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
4aron
Tuning in
Message 4 of 39
Flag for a moderator

hi samantha, can you check mine too, im in area 14, i've just checked speed and it normal but drops alot later in the day.Screen Shot 02-15-16 at 01.39 PM.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi 4aron

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to see that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds in the evening also.

From checking your connection, there is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003636006 and with a review date of 23rd March.

You can post back here nearer the time and we will check for more updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
4aron
Tuning in
Message 6 of 39
Flag for a moderator

any news Samantha ? still poor speeds for meScreen Shot 03-23-16 at 07.17 PM.JPGScreen Shot 03-23-16 at 07.18 PM.JPGScreen Shot 03-23-16 at 07.19 PM.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Hi 4aron

Thanks for getting back in touch.

After checking the high peak time traffic fault ticket, the review date is now showing as 29th June.

I've also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some more information in regards to this issue.

Many apologies for the delay and inconvenience

Sam

0 Kudos
4aron
Tuning in
Message 8 of 39
Flag for a moderator

nice PM, thanks

0 Kudos
clud17
Tuning in
Message 9 of 39
Flag for a moderator

So that will bring my time with diabolical speeds to 6 months!!!

.......game over Virgin Media.

4aron
Tuning in
Message 10 of 39
Flag for a moderator

stick with it buddy, we are connected and still probably faster speeds than any other isp, hope it gets fixed on your ticked date

0 Kudos