Menu
fitzgerald
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Devon Broadband

Hi, Looking to relocate to Dawlish Warren, Devon. I work from my desktop at home and need Broadband, is Virgin Media available in this part of the country and what are speeds like. I have been with VM for many years and am hoping it is available

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Devon Broadband

If you have a post code you can use the checker ...  http://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker/

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Highlighted
Andruser
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And I'll wager the answer is "no", being as how Dawlish Warren is pretty rural.

The county council scheme might be of interest.  If you aren't sure of the Openreach speed, also consider whether you could cope with a 4G router and not bother with a fixed line at all?  The topography around there looks as though you might get a pretty good mobile signal from transmitters covering Dawlish, Exmouth and south Exeter.  The package deals for data only SIMs can be quite good, there's no connection fee, you'd get c50Mbps+ on a decent connection.  Going over your data allowance can cost, but I've come across people who have two one month contract SIMs and swap them over to avoid this.

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you have a post code you can use the checker ...  http://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker/

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Highlighted
Andruser
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And I'll wager the answer is "no", being as how Dawlish Warren is pretty rural.

The county council scheme might be of interest.  If you aren't sure of the Openreach speed, also consider whether you could cope with a 4G router and not bother with a fixed line at all?  The topography around there looks as though you might get a pretty good mobile signal from transmitters covering Dawlish, Exmouth and south Exeter.  The package deals for data only SIMs can be quite good, there's no connection fee, you'd get c50Mbps+ on a decent connection.  Going over your data allowance can cost, but I've come across people who have two one month contract SIMs and swap them over to avoid this.