Menu
Tenks831
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

DY6 Fault: F004220906

I have recently moved into this area and had my broadband installed today, I was not informed about any over utilization problems in this area prior to moving

What is going on with fault F004220906?

I'm unwilling to put up with these speeds, is there an eta on a fix?

Thx, Lee

Edit* Can't even buffer youtube videos **bleep**!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: DY6 Fault: F004220906

Hi Lee, 

Thanks for coming back to us here for an update on this fault. 

Checking things today, the latest update is that the work is now scheduled to go ahead in December.

We're estimating that this will be completed by the 28th December although there is a chance this could change. 

In the meantime, try and connect up via an ethernet cable during peak times as this will improve your connection tremendously.

Pop back for an update and let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tenks831
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello, is this work still on track to be completed by the 28th December?
0 Kudos
Tenks831
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is the speed I am getting at peak times:

Yet when I call up your agents can find no over utilization on my cable? I can't do anything!

0 Kudos
Jeza
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Where about are you in DY6?

The work won't happen over the Christmas period as they will only perform maintenance on the network when there is a complete outage. Slow speeds are not classed as an outage.... 

Having spoken to a network tech, he has told me that the headend at Dudley requires new UBR's (what your modem/superhub connects to). Basically there isn't enough capacity. That work is not due to start until some point in January and will be completed at some time after that. As for a time frame, you could  easily be looking at months, not weeks here! 

Tenks831
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey, I live near the High Acres pub, Rangeways Road. I have had engineers out that confirm it's a utilization issue but seem to do nothing beyond that.
0 Kudos
Jeza
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Arh not far then, Standhills here. 

Yeah, the engineers that come round are unable to do anything as there is nothing wrong in the street itself. You won't see any improvement in your service until the headend at Dudley has been upgraded as i said. When that will actually be and when it will go live, well 3 months maybe? Who knows exactly, but i promise you now you won't get a date no matter who you speak to about this. All i know is the work was due to start in Jan, how long it will take to complete? How long is a piece of string......

The staff here so their bit, but will only give you a review date (not a fix date!) and if you look at how it works, that date will get pushed back another month each time you ask. So, i would expect your response from the staff to be, give you a new date late Jan. You have a fault ref number there, you will be able to call customer service and quote that and get some money off your bill, although you might need to do this each month. 

I have a Sam Knows speed tester here, and i had a look at my speed on Christmas day. Now there was no one here after 1pm, but the speed dropped from 200meg @6am down to about 10-20meg by 10am (all the kids just got their new games consoles which require updating) and stayed there until around 11pm. By midnight i was back up to about 50meg. 

Top and bottom of it is, that it will get fixed when it gets fixed unfortunately, and do some reading here and you'll find they don't rush themselves either :-(

Tenks831
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Christmas has made my internet basically unusable during peak-times, every person I speak to makes me jump through 20 checks on the phone, I am repeatedly told that there are no apparent problems on my cable, yet 2 engineers have been out and told me 100% that it's a utilization issue. I have run 100's of speed tests, they clearly show a 90% drop in my internet speed during peak times, I am lucky if I can get 15meg on my 200 meg connection. This problem magically seems to clear up about 00:30 in the morning, just as people are going to sleep, and reappears the next day about 4pm. I cannot believe that a company like Virgin media can get away with treating customers like this, I'd ask for a clear definitive answer and resolution plan, but I know I'll have to wait 9 days for a generic reply about connecting via wired instead of wireless. I'd try calling again, but I don't seem to get anywhere doing that either. Jeza seems to have been given completely different information to me yet experiences the same problems and lives 10 minutes away.

I had better internet than this 10 years ago on Blueyonder, RIP Telewest.

http://beta.speedtest.net/results?sh=3188917a55cf52700802b68cd998f7a3
0 Kudos
ZeusCreeds
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Im in the B64 (Cradley Heath) area and have been spun the same line. we have the internet drop signal completely for a few seconds then kicks back in (not able to play online multi-player at all) for near 6 months so far.

2 engineers couldn't see anything then last one who must have barely been out of training said his manager says its an upstream issues (high utilization) and wont be fixed until the end of feb or march.

tried 4 times to call today to make a complaint and keep getting cut off, only people who answer is the tech team but still they are saying nothing we can do here.

0 Kudos
Tenks831
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey, I was on the phone the other day for 2 hours trying to get this sorted out and they tell me that Jeza is right about the headend at Dudley, it can't cope with the load and needs upgrading, they tell me it affects multiple postcodes. The people you talk to normally can't see this fault on their screens so tell you there's nothing wrong, but the guy in tech that I spoke to said it's a serious problem and it's being worked on right now, it requires digging up roads and stuff he said.
In the mean time I had him write a lengthy note on my account with a fault reference so I don't have to jump through 20 diagnostic hoops to get my discount applied each month.

Not sure if this is affecting you, but might be worth asking about.
0 Kudos