Menu
Wazzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DL speed crashing monthly

So we've been having this issue of the download speed completely plummeting once or twice a month for about half a year now and it's just happened again. We normally get 200mbps/12mbps but the download will just randomly drop to 1-5 mbps with the upload unaffected. Restarting the router does nothing, the only things that seem to help are a factory reset of the router and last month I did some sort of service status check which ran tests on and reset the modem and that fixed it. I've tried service status check again this time but idk if I'm doing the wrong test as it's different from last time and does nothing except tell me the service is OK. Factory reset is also not working.

We're using a Superhub 2 and we're a family of 5 so normally have 5/6 devices connected, 4 by ethernet. I would guess that it's an issue with the modem.

The first few times I phoned customer service but this is becoming a real pain to repeat. The operators ask the exact same pointless questions and do the same tests as last time apparently expecting different results. One of them even did all this stuff with running my PC in safe mode and resetting browsers before finally just doing a factory reset on the modem which fixed it. Most annoying is the fact they will just completely dodge the question of why this is happening and the fact it's happening regularly, apparently expecting me to just have to call once or twice a month to have it fixed rather than there being an actual solution to the problem.

0 Kudos
Nijusho60
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DL speed crashing monthly

Totally crap m8, they have been promising this “mega” speed increase for months and months, now it says its July. I’m just seeing my contract out and then Im back to Sky. Sick of paying £135 a month for a bag of **bleep**e.

0 Kudos
Wazzy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

:\

Had to phone customer service, engineer coming in 5 days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wazzy,

Sorry for the problems you've been having of late. I wonder if a new Hub is required? But the attending engineer will be able to make that determination. 

I have run some diagnostics on your connection but nothing obvious is jumping out as a point of concern, so I think we'll have to wait on the engineer's diagnosis.

Keep us updated,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos