Menu
Marv0907
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DE24 speeds are awful connection keeps dropping

I've been with VM for more than 5 years over the course of 2 addresses at my last house (DE22) I never had an issue.

However since I moved here 2 years ago I have continually had poor broadband speed. twice I have called to cancel at the end of my contract and twice I've been told that they will send an engineer out to sort and give me some gimmick to keep me as a customer (sky sports/movies free for 6 months).

When the engineer comes he always says the same thing, "I don't know why they sent me here if you can get a connection there is nothing else I can do." or the best one is "Yeah I get the same at my house, nothing I can do, they will be rolling out updates that'll improve it."  It's been 2 years!!!

It just took me 5 hours to download something that is 1.6GB! I'm paying for 100MB/s....

While the free stuff is all well and good, I rely on my Internet connection for many things, and the speed and constant drop connections are awful. I don't think I'll be renewing again.

If there is any way that I can fix this or VM can please let me know.

Best Regards

Marvyn

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DE24 speeds are awful connection keeps dropping

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card.

0 Kudos
Marv0907
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've tried using both and its the same on all my devices. From phone to console to laptop to computer. Even Netflix on my tivo box is poor.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marv0907, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you've had issues with slow and intermittent performance, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see some time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos