Menu
XVar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DE23 downstream channels not locking, getting 16mb on 200mb

Over the past week or so I've noticed drops in speed and when I've checked the SH stats there's usually a downstream channel or 2 unlocked, and a lot of Post RS errors. Rebooting the modem sometimes fixes this but as it's repeatedly happened I'm guessing there's a fault on the line somewhere (although service status shows no faults reported).

This is 5 minutes after resetting the Pre/Post RS error counters:

h4IXnaTg

The Network Log is just full of "Lost MDD Timeout". Could someone at VM take a look please?

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DE23 downstream channels not locking, getting 16mb on 200mb

cant see the image you posted , what are you levels for up and down ?

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
XVar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Downstream: 0.5 - 1.5 dBmV, 36-37 RxMER (dB)

Upstream: 48-49 dBmV

http://i.imgur.com/h4IXnaTg.png

I've just rebooted the modem, and I'm back to 220mbit but this is happening fairly frequently now (at least 3 times in the past week).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi XVar, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your downstream channels not locking and only getting 16Mbps, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that there's a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs and an engineer will be required to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos