new customer since 21/03. Slow speeds on evenings, 2 full days of outage from 13, it is down on service today until 16:25pm and I'm advised I am in a highly utilised area (Area 22) and new cabling installation at the moment will bring intermittent problems until 10/04/2017 and then it should be fine. None of this was mentioned by the Sales guy, taking my order, so I feel somewhat misled!
It is the last day of my 14 day cooling off period and I'm considering cancelling it today, just cutting and running before I'm locked in.
Opinions please from longer terms users. Will it come good from 10th of April, or is it all just empty promises from VM? I notice there are people here with issues running for months, if not years.
I have to agree with the previous posters, the review date you've been given is just that and looking at past experience it will move. I was told by a member of the executive team if there was a known issue with over utilisation they will usually let you out of your contract but is it worth the risk?
If I was in your situation I would get out now, as they are adding more customers it will only get worse until the issue is resolved.
get out quick Mark. I have had poor service for over a year now. Used most of my annual leave waiting in for engineers last year. Had lots of visits, lots of replaced modems, had a pull through done (new cabling into house). still more often than not, terrible. I pay for 200mps, and get - on average - 5 to 10.
Have given up reporting it, as now lost all faith in VM.
Really all depends on whether the OP is prepared to be lied to for the next 2 years or more..(many, many of us have, by the way)
broken promises after broken promises is all you will get. (fault numbers are now being 'reviewed ' and put back 9 months, used to be 6, and before that 3. Read into that what you will, personally, I think it shows VM/LG have little or no interest in actually 'fixing' anything, except for the 2 yearly price rises. (they seem to be able to do that quite quickly, I note), so base your decision on those facts..
Remember, sales staff work on commission, so will do ANYTHING to get you to sign, even if they KNOW you will not get what they 'promise'
Customer service staff only want to get you off their line to make up their quotas, so will also tell you anything to get you off the phone.
(read some of the posts on here to verify that!!)
Some people/areas have been waiting well over 2 years for a 'fix' whilst VM continues to sell into those areas, just making them worse...
I called to cancel and we came to a decent compromise I think.
VM tell me it is a fix (new cabling) not a review (we will see).
They upped me from 50mb to 100mb and extended my cooling off period to 28/04/2017. That gives me +2 weeks to speed test and log post the supposed fix. No good, I'll cancel it then. I don't have other fibre where I live, so it would be back to ADSL if no good. A solid 8mb is better than constant up and down.
Thanks, both sides of the argument are valid, I can see that VM do not particularly care about their customers, or people wouldn't be waiting months for fixes and on the flip side there are also many satisfied customers.