Menu
hamish_sullivan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service

I called in yesterday (because it's impossible to get online chat) to complain about the broadband speed and outages I have been experiencing for months. The man I spoke with simply wouldn't let me cancel my package and insisted that he would call me back at 4pm after me asking to cancel 3 times. I waited until my broadband came back on and didn't receive a phone call what-so-ever (which i expected). I was also given false promises of a reduction in price since my service was interupted for 3 days this month. He then told me it was 5 days after I said it happens every day. I'm not sure how to file a complaint since the only options to contact are online chat, which never works as I said, or to call in which costs me a bomb from my mobile every time only to be met with further disappointment. 

I even received a notification saying my speed has been increased from 100mbps to 150mbps which is completely false as I barely get 60 on a good day. After 6pm my broadband is unbearable (ping sometimes as high as 450) and am very close to just cancelling my direct debit. Does anyone know how to actually get through to the customer service as they just won't let me cancel and are full of false promises. Paying through the nose for "the best" which clearly isn't and I could get a similar service for a fraction of the price elsewhere. Not impressed at all.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service

Complaints procedure including a postal address is documented here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service

Hi there hamish_sullivan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection. I know how frustrating this can be and I would like to help as much as I can.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. There has been work completed which has seen you move onto a different cable and the traffic is looking much better. Have you noticed an improvement with the connection at all?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos