Menu
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 20 (198 Views)

Re: Crippling slow speeds. Area 26 - Newtownabbey

They said fixed, I asked a few times about it incase it was another review date joke but each time he said it should be fixed and back to normal by the 2nd week in May
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 20 (190 Views)

Im also from the Newtownabbey area, I have had the same problem which I noticed a week ago 14th april, speeds were barely 5mb and I was on the 70mb deal. I phoned and was told I had been capped due to traffic congestion in my area and that it would be sorted within 24hrs, 3 days later no difference, a phonecall later I was told Id been capped from 18th march so basically Virgin failed to tell me this until I rang them. They advised I change to the vivid 200mb gamer deal as there is no capping whatsover. They sent me suberhub 3 and it was activated but nothing has changed Im barely getting 5mb download speeds with ethernet and also wifi but the upload speeds have kicked in at 20mb which is what they should be, I gave permission for their technician to work on my pc from their location to sort it, it showed I was only getting 2.5% of the speed I should be getting which I knew anyway. His response was everything is fine from our end and it should be working but he clearly seen for himself that it was'nt, he gave the response give it 24hrs, Im sick of hearing that line!!. Im paying the guts of £60 pm for a crap service, how can they justify that? Im going to give them another call which will be the 5th in the past week. If nothing is done I demand they make a reduction in my monthly payment.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 20 (186 Views)

[ Edited ]

Since they have confirmed that there is now over utilisation in the area since adding mallusk and the top road areas and the fault has nothing to do with your equipment you are entitled for loss of service compensation every month until it is fixed.

It amazes me how the customers are treated like idiots when VM know full well that when they add new areas their systems cant handle it and we are made to suffer for it, and expected to pay for it. Surely tests should be done before the new areas get added to make sure the system can handle it. It is a complete disgrace.

It also amazes me the lack of communication between the network guys, the call centre staff and the customers. If we were told beforehand that new areas were being added and there may be problems, then fair enough, at least we would know and wouldn't be wasting our time calling useless call centres and on forums complaining.

On our wavelength
Message 14 of 20 (181 Views)

heres the current fault ticket number F005206356

tell them you know there is a problem in the area and give them this number if they say there isn't

On our wavelength
Message 15 of 20 (180 Views)

Basically I have have just been stiffed, paying more money  when they know I live in an over utilised area so it wont make any difference to the speeds whether Im on 20mb or 200mb. Im getting on the phone to them as this new contract is for 18mths and there is not a chance in hell Im paying full fee for a service that they can't deliver. My friend lives in Glengormley and also has the same problem.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 20 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]

I quoted that number so expect a phone call from them asking if you are still having the same problem, they told me that ref number is specific to you and they are now putting my name forward with it as I have the same problem and they said I should get a call with 24hrs, not sure why as they just keep going around in circles brushing off the real problem, I told them I was aware that I lived in a high utilisied area but they would'nt like to admit it to me, however in his opinion it was the problem with the core hub in glengormly and that it needs reconfigured? they have decided to give me a 25% discount. The fact they convinced me to spend more money to sort the problem out and it is still no better is just plain wrong!

Joining in
Message 17 of 20 (127 Views)

Weeks later and I'm still suffering from terrible speeds. The internet is practically unusable, anything apart from light web browsing is a no go. This should not be happening on a 200mb fibre package.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 18 of 20 (125 Views)

Having the same issue, terrible speeds. Roughly 5mb/s on 150mb/s subscription. Getting Pre/Post RS error out the wazoo.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 20 (100 Views)

The new fix date seem's to be start of June

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 20 of 20 (93 Views)

[ Edited ]
Of course, and once the first of June arrives will they actually fix it? Or just push it back another month.

I'm running out of patience for Virgin Media, and if they think they can sell me terrible broadband and indefinitely push back the fix date while still expecting me to pay. I guess it's time to look at other providers.
It's a shame really, I've been with Virgin Media for so long, never had an issue before. Hell I would recommend and boast about it to friends. Now I'll be telling people to stay clear.
0 Kudos