Menu
SeanGr61
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Credit for poor broadband service

I was advised that I would receive credits for my broadband service due to a fault in our area causing speeds to be significantly lower than my plan should provide.

Having just checked my recent bills I can see a credit for £30 on my bill of 17 Nov and then a £10 credit on my bill of 16 Jan.

This issue has been going on since before Oct and I pay £30 per month for my plan so I should have received £30 credits for at least, Oct, Nov, Dec and January.

Please advise why the credits promised have not been made.

Sean

0 Kudos
hooper35
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit for poor broadband service

SeanGr61,

How did you get the credit? Did you have to call up or is there a less painful way of doing it?

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
hooper35
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I rang BT tonight. They will pay my early termination fees from VM.

Seems a no-brainer not to move! 

0 Kudos
snowy25
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I seem to recall that when I was going through some issues I was credited around 33% of my bill for the peak time slowdown.  I believe it was that amount because my speeds were affected for 1/3rd of a 24 hour period, hence 1/3rd off my bill.  That would seem to be what they have credited you because 4 months at £30 equals £120.  So 1/3rd of that is £40 for those 4 months since the problems started.  If your issues of slow speed are happening all day and everyday then maybe you are entitled to more.  However 33% seems to be the usual credit for poor service as far as I can recall. 

0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So if you are speaking to a tech person when you ring customer service, they usually are allowed to put through a credit for your account for the month that you are experiencing with slow speeds however can't do much beyond this. Ask to be put through to the billing team at which point you can get any credit for any months that have not been accounted for.

I believe this is around 33% of the bill as stated for each month that goes by where you have issues.

Unfortunately if you don't call and ask about the credit, Virgin Media will not just give this to you DESPITE knowing the issues in the area.

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SeanGr61,

Thanks for posting!

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and check this out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hooper35
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Josh,

Could you look at mine too? Send me a PM and I will provide details of the slow connection I have 4Mbps on a 100Mbps line.

0 Kudos
deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

exactly the same here unfortunately' 5MB down on super fibre 50 

Super Fibre 50 

Average download speed at peak times (8pm-10pm)  45.94Mbps lol who there trying to kid' its pointless ringing customer services because they just fob u off saying' you get upto 50mb dont mean to say you get 50 the last person i spoke to was very rude and didnt want to know basically' my honest opinion is this crumbling network is getting ran into the ground liberty global.

I am in an OVERSUBSCRIBED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - Contention reference F003570038, ongoing since March 2016
0 Kudos