Menu
Sam9
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant slow speed s

Why is vm speeds so bad I ve had 2 tech 's out been on the phone every 2 weeks I pay for 200mb and the best I get is 35mb and can go as low as 3mb tech comes out messes with wire 's tell 's me that's it sorted and 1 day later it's slow again what is the problem in my area 26 Newtownabbey
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant slow speed s

Hey Sam9,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this can be disappointing.

Can I ask if you're testing your wireless or hard-wired speeds? Are you having reduced speeds on multiple devices or just one? Also, do you notice if the speed fluctuates at certain times of the day / night?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sam9
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi it wireless and wired both slow but when on phone to advisor I don't have a new laptop to check as mine is 12 years old even when I run test in service status it gets to 50 percent then says we are trying to sort it out then I reboot do it again then same thing thanks for replying
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Sam9,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

What devices have you been testing on so far. Reason I ask is because each devices has it's own specific limitations based on the components in each, so testing the speeds on a games console will produce different results to a wireless computer for example.

Also as your hard-wired devices is a few years old, we would expect that to be running slower, so at the moment it's quite difficult to establish the true speed you're experiencing.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos