Menu
Sarahb1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant restart of router

Hi, I've had internet problems since October! I was advised there wasn't a problem and to restart hub. After 8wks I complained and was told there is a fault and it would be rectified 10/2/17. I'm still having the same problems and internet wifi signal keeps dropping. I have downloaded the speed test and the speeds are really poor!! I pay a lot a month I feel for a service I am not receiving. I should be 150m and it's usually only ever 10 to 23m download speed. Do I need new equipment?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant restart of router

Hi Sarahb1,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and it seems the network issue has been resolved which is great news!

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Upstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sarahb1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have had the engineer visit, he was here 15 minutes and found that the booster I had hdu? Or hdv? Wasn't up to spec he also took off the splitter as I do not use a second box. I had informed that I do not use 2nd box so why wasn't this taken into account if it could help the signals. Can you point me in the right direction please to discuss compensation for such poor service over the last 5 months - where I have been advised there was a fault, yet your engineer said he lives on this estate and wasn't aware of any faults, it has clearly been your equipment not being up to spec for the service you are trying to provide. I pay good money for a good service, however I feel this hadn't been the case for the last 5 months constantly having to call you or reset the router to try and get a better signal. I wish I had called you every time it dropped now, so you could appreciate how many times a day it happens. Please can you give me an email to write to. Thanks Sarah
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Sarah,

Thanks for updating the thread with this information.

Really sorry to hear about all of the bother experienced. :/

I've sent you a private message so that we can discuss information concerning your account further.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos