Menu
CalebNyan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant high ping?

Hiya

Been having issues the past few months of random ping spikes in Overwatch but they usually died down within a few minutes

But now Im stuck at crazy high ping, all speed tests are showing its high pretty much constantly and it only really seems to be downloading speed and gaming that is being affected.

I have an ethernet so its not a wireless issue as far as I can tell, and I cant change my router mode as all my other devices and my flatmates devices connect wirelessly.

these were done like...two minutes apart and I dont understand all of it, I just know this is BADScreenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

0 Kudos
CalebNyan
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant high ping?

Been doing pretty much fine all day today, until about 10 minutes ago when I tried to log onto overwatch and immediately had to leave. My ping is crazy high and all over the place.

Youtube is fine, webpages in general are all loading up fine for me, just completely unable to play any sort of online game.

Screenshot_10.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello CalebNyan

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with high ping we will do our best to help. Area traffic is low but I notice that the hub power levels are quite out of specification

Downstream too high

20.1 dBmV        20.5 dBmV        20.6 dBmV        20.5 dBmV        20.4 dBmV        20.4 dBmV        20.3 dBmV        20.3 dBmV

Upstream too low

27 dBmV        28.3 dBmV

so that is probably the best place to begin. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an engineer appointment to get it investigated. Please reply when you have a moment.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wouldnt worry about the upstream too much but the downstream is way to high, you need an attenuator which will drop the downstream and raise the upstream. Engineer visit i would say

0 Kudos