Menu
Aazzdos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant Disconnects

Good evening,

After about a year of relative peace, the EXACT same issue of constant disconnections has resurfaced: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Twitch-Stream-Constantly-Disconnects/td-p/2973886

Last year when this happened it was a case of 'blackporting' in my area that would completely kill all connections for a few seconds at random intervals.  Only you would know if it's the same problem again or not, but it looks to be the same from my perspective.  

Mere fluctuations would be acceptable and are to be expected, but outright terminations of service several times every evening is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm a full-time streamer on Twitch.tv and streams cannot have service interruptions.  I will not repeat last year by tolerating months upon months of misdirected blame to stall me while I continue paying for a broken service.

I've already gone through all the usual motions to save wasting both of our times.  Resetting the router, double 'hard' resetting the router, checking cables, making sure my hardware and software are functional, etc.  My internet cuts out regardless of what I do with it (streaming, browsing, anything) so no third party is to blame.  I use strictly wired internet and never wireless.

Streaming is my full-time job and I cannot do it under these conditions.

I am more than willing to provide any further information in exhaustive detail as required.

Where do we go from here?

Regards,

-Aazzdos

0 Kudos
Aazzdos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Disconnects

A full day later with broken service and no reply?

I've been trying your 'chat to an agent' option all day as that's what finally got me results last year but to no avail, as they've been 'busy' all the way until the closing just now at 8pm.

I've been with your company all the way back since the NTL days and I'm seriously about to take my business elsewhere, this is beyond absurd.

0 Kudos
Aazzdos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Left my PC on over night out of interest and there were no disconnects at all between midnight and 9am, at which point the usual disconnections were happening every 30 minutes - 2 hours.  One night is not a fair sample size, but I'll be disgusted if it turns out that you're axing people's connections entirely once it gets busier.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aazzdos, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your broadband connection dropping out. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have had a look at your connection from here and I can't see anything that would suggest to be causing you an issue. No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please post a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, in the top right hand corner before you log in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Also, when the connection drops is there any noticeable change to the Hubs light sequence?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos