Menu
LePipster
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Constant Broadband & TV outages and 3 engineer no shows (Area 15)

So... about 8 months ago, TV channels breaking up and simultaneous loss of broadband. Went on for 6 months. Eventually stopped. Now it's started again for the last few weeks and it's worse. TV channels break up and drop out completely, at the same time as Downstream/Upstream power going crazy and then to N/A. Currently have up to 6 hours a day with no services. Every day.

I have 2 accounts at neighbouring addresses, both are doing the same thing.

So...

First attempt to book an engineer with virgin. Took day of work. Then noticed a message saying there was a fault in the area and the engineer was cancelled.

Rebooked a second engineer appointment. Got up for 8am on Saturday. Didn't show up.

Third attempt to book, another text saying there's a fault in the area and engineer is cancelled.

Now.. Sounds like there probably is a fault in my local area, but what the hell am I supposed to do, continue to book cancelled engineer appointments while the 'fault in the area' never gets fixed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Broadband & TV outages and 3 engineer no shows (Area 15)

Hi LePipster,

Hope all is well. Thanks for posting back on the community.

Apologies you are having an issue again with your TV and broadband service.

Looking at your account, there is a fault reported in your area with reference number F005212063. Also the downstream power levels are low at -6 dBmV. I will check this fault for further updates and once it has been closed, if there are still errors with the line, we can arrange an engineer appointment.

I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LePipster
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Today I saw an engineer at the cabinet in the street and later received a text message saying the 'fault in the area' had been fixed. However, since then, we've still lost TV and Internet 3 times today. Really hope this is fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Morning LePipster,

Thanks for getting back to me.

With the fault ticket, I can see this has now been closed as resolved.

As the downstream power levels are still low, we can now arrange for an engineer appointment to get these adjusted for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LePipster
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Had an engineer actually turn up this morning. Cable ends got changed and they left. Broadband was only running at 30Mb after.

As usual, we've now lost tv and Internet for several hours already this afternoon on both of our accounts and the cable routers show N/A status across the board.

If Virgin is unable to establish why we have no service, it's going to be time to leave, which is a great shame as I've been a loyal customer since Cable London.
0 Kudos
LePipster
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Another 6hrs of no TV or Internet.
I just arranged yet another Engineer (Senior this time) to come out tomorrow.

Yet again I've received a text cancelling the appointment due to a 'fault in the area'.

That's 6 Engineer callouts now, only 2 who have actually come and neither fixed anything.
0 Kudos
LePipster
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well after yet another auto cancelled engineer appointment due to a fault in the area, we still have no tv or internet for 6hrs again today.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello LePipster,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Really sorry for all the trouble you've had with your connection, it sounds so frustrating.

I've checked your services and I can see that you're currently up and running which is reassuring. I really hope your problems have settled down now, but if not please do let us know so we can help further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LePipster
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We've had brief outages of about 20 mins today, usually they are about 6hrs, every afternoon. Since my last post, I've booked an engineer (probably about 7th) that was cancelled yet again. I'll see whether it's stable over the coming days and get back if not.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
LePipster
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We had another full TV and broadband outage on both our Virgin Media accounts this morning for over an hour. We absolutely need a solution to this that doesn't involve booking engineers that are constantly cancelled. I think between our two accounts, we are on nearly 10 auto cancelled bookings.

0 Kudos