Menu
wilksbrighton
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection issues

Hello VM,

For the last 2 weeks i have been experiencing connection issues with my broadband where i had to reset the superhub. today after resetting the superhub i noticed the power levels were all higher than they were a 1 month ago. the download power lvls was edging towards +14dBmv.

Also, my phone line wouldnt work when i tried to call 150. after resetting SH it started to work again.

can someone check my stuff please??

Thanks, 

Wilksbrighton

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection issues

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004868778). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 17th May 2017.

I've also picked up issue with both your Upstream and Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Martin - just remoted into your SH2AC and D/S is sitting somewhat chilly between -7 and -9dBmv  with U/S a tad warm at 50/52dBmv on 16QAM which also raises some questions about the current efficacy of your HDU? Post RS are concerning albeit probably because you haven't rebooted for a day or 3?  

Let's hope Networks are optimising your cable segment with replacement taps/amps and you can eventually get decent signal at your end of the cable lobe your hung out on, without a separate HDU? In meantime when you eventually arrange a tech visit then remember if Networks are doing what I suspect  they're doing then your visit could get cancelled at 11th hour! Smiley Sad 

Curiously your Feb2017 SK data was better than mine and still apparently averaging 211.39/12.09mbps for your V200 so far for March?  Go figure?

(Just as well I didn't install your Synology NAS before your mum and I departed for our Selsey Beach Hut otherwise your connection issues would have pointed an accusing finger in my direction! Smiley Wink )    

Good luck with tech visit/segment update and talk more when we're back home in about 10days or ring us on my mob or CVan mob?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004868778). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 17th May 2017.

I've also picked up issue with both your Upstream and Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

wilksbrighton
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Josh,

Its seems i havent received the private message. Could you resend please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Martin - just remoted into your SH2AC and D/S is sitting somewhat chilly between -7 and -9dBmv  with U/S a tad warm at 50/52dBmv on 16QAM which also raises some questions about the current efficacy of your HDU? Post RS are concerning albeit probably because you haven't rebooted for a day or 3?  

Let's hope Networks are optimising your cable segment with replacement taps/amps and you can eventually get decent signal at your end of the cable lobe your hung out on, without a separate HDU? In meantime when you eventually arrange a tech visit then remember if Networks are doing what I suspect  they're doing then your visit could get cancelled at 11th hour! Smiley Sad 

Curiously your Feb2017 SK data was better than mine and still apparently averaging 211.39/12.09mbps for your V200 so far for March?  Go figure?

(Just as well I didn't install your Synology NAS before your mum and I departed for our Selsey Beach Hut otherwise your connection issues would have pointed an accusing finger in my direction! Smiley Wink )    

Good luck with tech visit/segment update and talk more when we're back home in about 10days or ring us on my mob or CVan mob?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)