Menu
d4vow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection Constantly Dropping - Again

Hi,

Back again, after running solidly for a couple of months after my last post here > http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/3-Months-of-Disconnections-150-No-Help-a...

We are back to the constant disconnects...

I have called The "Technical Support" team who advised

"pop it in modem mode, there are no faults our end"

Current Issue

The connection works fine for a few hours, then becomes sluggish.  VOIP drops, Netflix will stop / become very slow.  The tick on the modem does't flash - I assume because the connection is up and down constantly.

Pings to Google Show:

VM.jpg

Modem Status

power_1.jpg

power_2.jpg

power_3.jpg

I am so infuriated with the constant issues. The lack of 150 Technical Knowledge.  It seems very poor to tell your customer with slow/unusable internet to "post on our forums"

My apologies if this message is not in the lightest of spirits, but I am just sick and tired of having to go through all of this again.

Kind Regards

David

0 Kudos
thejammie9
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Constantly Dropping - Again

Did you try turning it off and on again ?

If so move to business it might work better and you will actually have internet

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Constantly Dropping - Again

Hi d4vow, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your connection constantly dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see that there's a lot of time outs inside the Hubs logs and an engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos