Menu
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Confused and baffled by my free speed upgrade

hello all,

My free speed upgrade has been a 2 year battle from vivid 152 to get to vivid 200. But it hasnt been my priority as i had a huge utilization issue. This has now been resolved so im very, very happy to be getting my promised speeds.

However my free speed upgrade has been bizarre. I was told it would be December 2016. Then i was told it would be August 2015. Yes august 2015! Time went backwards.

Now im being told it is ready to be "ordered". Why can't i have my free speed upgrade without ordering? It claims:

"We'll email you in the next 48 hours to let you know the exact cost of your order (even if it's free or there’s no change to your monthly bill). Don't worry, if there is a change to your bill, you'll get the very best price we can give you based on the mix of services in your package. And remember, if you change your mind about upgrading, you can cancel your new services within 7 days."

What?

I was promised a free speed upgrade? Why do i need to order it? 

I have an elderly mother who i look after. I work full time. If virgin media call and say 

"hey yeah we got your order to vivid 200. should be free but actually we'll charge you an extra ten quid a month"

My mother will get really upset and distressed. I have no idea why i need to order something which i was told was free. I'm very worried about "claiming" my "free" upgrade at the moment due to the fact you'll call my mum. 

Why can't i just have my free vivid 200 upgrade? Can a moderator contact me? i work till 7pm most nights and your web chat hangs up on me and i can't get through to your call centre.

Sorry for ranting i love the people on here and my utilisation issue was fixed so im a happy sailor just this confuses me massively.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused and baffled by my free speed upgrade

you need to order it if you want it straight away through the site as it needs to check you have a suitable superhub as it wont work on them all.

If you leave the thread for a while the forum team will get here and likely process it automatically.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah i see! thanks for the reply. I wont need to pay anything more will i?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The free speed upgrade is free as long as it's done properly. If you ring up and get wrongly signed up to a new 200Mbs contact by offshore then that is a different process and will likely change cost and have a new minimum contract term.

That's why it's personally best to either do the order online or just wait for the forum team to flip the switch.

0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Out of interest OP, were you informed at all that your utilisation issues were fixed?

Or did you find out yourself?

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@BigManA

They shouldn't be bringing dates forward for the speed upgrade if the over utilization isn't fixed

0 Kudos