Menu
julianovb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Colliers Wood with 10% of the speed

A lot of people are experiencing speeds of 5mbps and lower in Colliers Wood. Crazy variations on speed happen all the time as well.

Many of us tried to communicate with the Virgin Media team, but different answers were given. A lot of misinformation.

And to cap it off the service status pages says there's no issues in my area, when they've admitted themselves there is a huge issue.

I work from home, so these speeds are unacceptable since I have to upload and download 4k video every week to edit. What are you guys from Virgin doing? When can we expect this to be fixed? This is getting ridiculous and I'm one step away from changing providers.

The conversation below happened on the Colliers Wood local facebook group.virgin.jpg

virgin.jpg

0 Kudos
tofu03141823
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Colliers Wood with 10% of the speed

julianovb wrote:

A lot of people are experiencing speeds of 5mbps and lower in Colliers Wood. Crazy variations on speed happen all the time as well.

Many of us tried to communicate with the Virgin Media team, but different answers were given. A lot of misinformation.

And to cap it off the service status pages says there's no issues in my area, when they've admitted themselves there is a huge issue.

I work from home, so these speeds are unacceptable since I have to upload and download 4k video every week to edit. What are you guys from Virgin doing? When can we expect this to be fixed? This is getting ridiculous and I'm one step away from changing providers.

The conversation below happened on the Colliers Wood local facebook group.

I know it's ridiculous! Everything was great until 24th February when the speed dropped to <5Mbps. I have been in contact with them a few times. Given SNR fault and cable fault. Given multiple fix dates i.e. Mid March, End of March and in JULY 2017. I have also received some text messages saying the fault has been fixed, but then it's not. So engineer has been booked. Then another text came saying the fault was fixed again so they cancelled the engineer visit.

I have just spoken to the BB faults team and they told me there is a cable fault in the area and the estimated fix date is 7 July 2017. I am on VIVID 200Mb and this is really annoying me as I am paying the highest price for the speed but not getting it. I asked them if they can reinstate the engineer visit but unfortunately they couldn't do it due to the fault in the area not just me.

julianovb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is ridiculous. It's impossible to get any big file transfers at this speed. I'm losing time here waiting for the speeds to go up a bit, and being self employed, time is so much money lost for me.

The borderline illegal and outrageous thing to me though is that you go check their service online and this is what comes up:

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 18.09.00.jpg

They should be required to put up a real status on that page. As well as send written notice to all the users in the area admitting the fault, apologising and offering some kind of solution/compensation .

But it's quite obvious they are relying on the fact that most common users won't notice the speed difference that much and are trying to act like nothing is happening so they can keep charging us full price for less than 10% of the speed.

lana2ukr
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Had the same issue from 24 of February until now.was called them every day and stay on the line aroun 40-50 min and every time new stories.all phone calls being charged all in total £22 !!!we called from virgin land line to virgin!!they cancelled engineer visit twice (24.02.17) and (26.02.17)and keep texting all your network problems are fixed even today.they Feed as with promises every day. Finely virgin accepted an issue with the line and offered discount of £6 from monthly fees (only for March 2017) next bill are will be the normal price doesn't matter the broadband issue will be until end of July. we already subscribe contract with BT and disconnecting virgin media service.very disappointed and frustrated .
0 Kudos
julianovb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have also given up. We are cancelling Virgin and starting a new contract with another provider. Is such a shame because they have good speeds when they are on top of their game, but they are not consistent, always have little issues and I think ignoring the problem has finally caught up with them. Now they have a huge fault they can't fix.
0 Kudos
lana2ukr
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Colliers Wood

Had the same issue from 24 of February until now.was called them every day and stay on the line aroun 40-50 min and every time new stories.all phone calls being charged all in total £22 !!!we called from virgin land line to virgin!!they cancelled engineer visit twice (24.02.17) and (26.02.17)and keep texting all your network problems are fixed even today.they Feed as with promises every day. Finely virgin accepted an issue with the line and offered discount of £6 from monthly fees (only for March 2017) next bill are will be the normal price doesn't matter the broadband issue will be until end of July. we already subscribe contract with BT and disconnecting virgin media service.very disappointed and frustrated .
0 Kudos
tofu03141823
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nobody from the team even replied to your thread. I am reaching my limit as well.

0 Kudos