Menu
tammyw86
Dialled in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Cloned MAC/shared connection, not happy.

Hi

I've never had this problem but virgin are refusing to see the problem,

I use gps to make sure i'm not being cloned (yes i live in a area where cloned mac's are being sold on a daily basis), i HAVE become a victim and this is why my connection is on the frits 24/7, yet virgin see no problem.

My connection has been ok and gps stating on a hourly basis on a 100% of were i live(house as well) yet for 3 months my connection has dropped to less than 1mb from a 50mb(upgrade soon) and my gps in the same place for these 3 months in a 3 story flats were its know for clones.

Is there anything staff can do as virgin refuse this as a problem, the kid that came would not take notice and messed my connection lvl's up worse than they was so i'm even struggling to browse sites now, every time i ring i get a indian guy that i can't understand and asks the same thing over and over, and seeing that i'm paying my hard earned money on letting others use my connection with the bill keep going up.

I need help as i get refused a new router fora new mac as its not picking up the real problems from my router just the cloned one.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cloned MAC/shared connection, not happy.

@ModTeam

Can someone pick this up?

0 Kudos
tammyw86
Dialled in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I know its a weekend but i'm kinda getting sick of the timeouts while browsing now due to network problems
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ive sent you a PM

0 Kudos
tammyw86
Dialled in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kippies, it was the network team that kept saying nothing is wrong which has led me to think its just being ignored when one gets cloned.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi tammyw86,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have bee having trouble with your connection. 

We have been able to checked for cloning, and the hub is not cloned, if the hub is cloned on the network it is very quickly spotted and disconnected. 

It does seem that you are affected by fault ref F004609213 for slow speeds at peak times. 

I have popped the details across to the team who deal with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. We should know more on this fault after 28/12/2016. 

The team will also keep you updated on the progress of the fault. 

Are you only having trouble during peak times or are you having trouble at other times too? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

tammyw86
Dialled in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As i said the location shows where cloned modems are being sold on used,gumtree, its no where near where i live even when it used to before the problem(3 months i've this problem even with the same excuse off the team)

I've got this problem 24/7 like today i've had not internet since a black out in my area at 5am and it was back up at 6:30am and my internet only came up at 11.22am.

seems to be a real problem in my area and its never getting fixed.

(sorry for the late reply)
0 Kudos
tammyw86
Dialled in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Was meant to be fixed yesterday, it has not been fixed, my internet has became worse and can just about do anything.

Thanks for the discount but there is no point if my connection is not been fixed, my power levels have gone up but 15dBmV and after the problem and after the so called fix yesterday its gone up to 18dBmV
0 Kudos
tammyw86
Dialled in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Still not fixed, any help? its bad enough i just found virgin put my bill up yet can't give me what i'm paying for , speed is bad,connection drops, yes i am cloned (sorry as i don't take in lies),
0 Kudos
tammyw86
Dialled in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Any news? service status says my connection is fine yet when i run the test it finds the problem yet its not getting fixed?.

Would be great getting a reply you know?
0 Kudos