Menu
mattaddiction
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changed to Broadband only and lost my speed boost... So much for been a loyal customer....!!

Hi,

Recently changed my package from broad band and phone to just broadband (as I've never used the Virgin phone and the price shoot up at the end of the promotional period).

Have just noticed I've had lost the boost to 70Mb/s I had on my account.... now it's back to the bog standard 50Mb/s.. Is that really how Virgin Media treat loyal customers who stay with them rather than going off to the competitions latest and greatest deal??!!  

Also does that mean I will be plunged back in to the poor and variable speed I experienced when I first join Virgin Media or is my area sorted out ??

Can you do anything here VM?

m

0 Kudos
deamondiamond
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed to Broadband only and lost my speed boost... So much for been a loyal customer....!!

They should have informed you when you changed package, i changed packages due to price rise and although we were given the "free speed boot upgrade" when you change package they take it away from ya.

Reply time on the forums is around 2 weeks, plus its more for technical support on this sub-section so may be better for you to speak to VM directly on the phone about this but i agree with you. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed to Broadband only and lost my speed boost... So much for been a loyal customer....!!

Exactly as said. When you recontract you can only be recontracted to one of the tiers on sale - being 50/100/200 currently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
mattaddiction
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Which is a great way to treat loyal customers.......... 

0 Kudos