Menu
leeroytay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can we please get some clarity on the recent speed drops?

I first noticed my connection going to **bleep** when trying to play LoL. My ping went from 25ms to 50-200+ (which makes the game unplayable). Not only that but most videos no longer buffer or they take far too long or they stutter every 10 seconds. 

As it stands my high speed connection is about as useful as my old 56k dial up. There have been plenty of threads in the gaming forum and there's plenty here where people have suddenly experienced the same symptoms. Customer support is full of **bleep**; different people tell you different things or they just fob you off with nonsense. You never get a proper answer from the right people.

The closest thing I've found - to quote somebody in the gaming forum:

"Due to the upgrade work being carried out in your area, you are experiencing high latency whilst playing games online. It could also cause slow download/upload speeds, buffering on video services and slow browsing. Once the work is completed any issues above, will be resolved."

When asked when the upgrade is due to be concluded the response was the following: "July 2017"

July? Are we going to have to put up with a sub par product for 4 months? Service status doesn't even say there's a problem in my area yet I'm experiencing the above. Somebody please shed some light on this before I switch to a different company because I've nearing my wit's end.

0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can we please get some clarity on the recent speed drops?

As for shedding light. Don't hold your breath, they really are this bad! If you can get broadband elsewhere I wouldn't hesitate to do so. Waiting on their suggested review dates is not the way forward, they never deliver on them.

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can we please get some clarity on the recent speed drops?

Hey leeroytay,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. I've tried to check this but I can't find your account. Would you please drop me a PM confirming your address so I can continue to investigate.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos